Adjunct Faculty of Maricopa – we want you! If you are teaching part-time at any of the ten colleges of the Maricopa County Community Colleges District (MCCCD), we invite you to become a member of the Adjunct Faculty Association of MCCCD. Here are some ways to get involved with the Adjunct Faculty Association (AFA):
- Join AFA today – the AFA is the voice of Adjunct Faculty in the district. By becoming a member, you ensure that your voice is heard. And membership is free.
- Attend the AFA Annual Members Meeting – Each year the AFA Board invites members to a forum to discuss new Adjunct Faculty initiatives, current issues impacting adjuncts and upcoming AFA events. Get the adjunct scoop, meet the Board members and connect with fellow adjuncts at this annual event.
- Participate in the MCLI Adjunct Day of Learning – Each fall and spring the AFA partners with the Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction (MCLI) to offer a professional development conference geared to the needs of Adjunct Faculty. Join with adjuncts across the district to learn about best teaching practices, classroom technology and much more at this bi-annual conference.
- Our Fall 2015 Day of Learning was: “Solve the Mystery of Getting Hired … Now With More Clues”.
- Our Spring 2016 Day of Learning was “Learning from Professor AtoZ … Lessons for Beginners and Experienced Educators”.
- Contribute to the Connection, the AFA e-newsletter – The Connection is published each fall and spring semester. We ask AFA members to submit articles for our e-newsletter. You can share a Great Idea for Teaching (GIFT), promote your recent publication of a book or offer a health and wellness tip.
- Serve on an AFA Committee such as the Day of Learning Planning Committee – Each fall and spring a committee to plan the MCLI Adjunct Day of Learning is formed. We strive to include an adjunct from each of our ten colleges on the committee. Get to know adjuncts from other colleges and share your ideas on an AFA Committee.
- Apply to become an AFA Representative for your college – One AFA Representative is selected from each of the ten colleges of the MCCCD. College Representatives serve on the AFA Board for a term of one year. Take a leadership position on your campus and in the district as an AFA College Representative.