The Adjunct Faculty Association (AFA) of the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is a nonprofit professional organization that provides Adjunct Faculty a framework for:
- Educating the public and MCCCD institutions about Adjunct Faculty talents and abilities.
- Supporting the advancement of Adjunct Faculty knowledge and skills.
- Providing a network for sharing common interests, education and assistance.
- Encouraging effective practices and resource utilization to improve education within the MCCCD.
- Advocating for Adjunct Faculty within the structure of the MCCCD policies and guidelines.
Whether you are new to teaching part-time or an experienced adjunct in the Maricopa Community Colleges District (MCCCD), becoming a member of the Adjunct Faculty Association of MCCCD offers you great opportunities to grow and develop as a teaching professional.
Here are some of the benefits of membership in the Adjunct Faculty Association (AFA):
- Teaching and Learning Workshop Recommendations – Regular announcements of Professional Development opportunities for Adjunct Faculty within the district and beyond.
- The Connection – Subscription to the bi-annual e-newsletter that provides information on AFA activities, Great Ideas for Teaching (GIFTS), member publications, health and wellness and more.
- Adjunct Faculty Day of Learning – Bi-annual professional development conference designed for Adjunct Faculty by the AFA and the Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction (MCLI
- “Solve the Mystery of Getting Hired … Now With More Clues” – Offered in the Fall, this workshop and online materials focus on the hiring process for Residential Faculty at Maricopa including tips from recently hired candidates on writing cover letters and resumes, interviewing and preparing the micro-teach.
- Our Spring 2016 Day of Learning was “Learning from Professor AtoZ … Lessons for Beginners and Experienced Educators”
- MET Scholarships – Opportunity to apply for a scholarship funded by AFA to attend the Maricopa Excellence in Teaching (MET) conference held each year in May.
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Recognition – Annual awards presented to Maricopa Adjunct Faculty (up to three per college) nominated by their campus for excellence in teaching
- Adjunct Faculty Longevity Recognition – Opportunity to be honored for 5, 10, 15, and 20 years of part-time teaching with Maricopa
- Healthcare Referrals – Available through an Insurance Agent Network identified by AFA to serve individual Adjunct Faculty insurance needs.
To start taking advantage of all that AFA membership has to offer Join AFA today!